Best Way To Get Rid Of Ticks
What is the best way to get rid of ticks?
We are often asked, What is the best way to get rid of ticks? Ticks’ diversity is known to range up to 18 genera with 900 species. These tiny arachnids’ lives depend on feeding on other organisms blood, including your pets and children. While it’s nasty to think that a bug is feeding on you, that isn’t really the bad news. Ticks are harmful external parasites that transmit several diseases that lead to severe illnesses and in some cases, even death to their hosts – humans, dogs, and other pets and animals. With these life-threatening diseases, it is of great importance that we protect ourselves, and pets, from ticks and the way to do that is to figure out the best way to get rid of ticks.
Usually, ticks lay eggs in large numbers on fringe grasses and other perimeter vegetation. Ticks have an incredible ability to locate hosts and attached themselves to passing animals, including your adventurous pet dog or your child. After the tick attaches to its host, let’s say your eight year old son, it can easily travel undetected and climb to the hair or to other areas on the skin which are hard to see such as armpits or in the groin area. They then cut a hole in the skin and inject their hypostome and start sucking blood. As they suck blood, they inject harmful microorganisms, like the Borrelia bacteria, the bacteria that causes Lyme disease and Colorado Tick Fever virus. So the host, your son, might not only lose blood but also potentially gains an infectious diseases. Preventive measures are the best way to get rid of ticks than your dog or worse, your son winding up in the hospital like I did. So, the best way to get rid of ticks is to following these useful tips.
Useful Tips For The Best Way To Get Rid Of Ticks
1. Knowwhen ticks are most active in your area and limit your exposure to fringe areas where ticks habitate in tick prone areas.
2. When hiking in the woods or working in the yard, the best way to get rid of ticks is to cover as much skin area as you can to deter ticks from latching onto your skin. For your pets, use tick preventive products suggested by your veterinarian to prevent ticks from making their way through your pets fur. Upon returning to your home, do a whole body examination of yourself, your pet and children to make sure there are no ticks.
3. Finally, the best way to get rid of ticks is a strong defense. And the best defense is a good offense. Take the battle for your yard to the ticks and hire a professional tick control company like Backyard Bug Patrol to barrier spray your yard. It’s safe and effective in killing ticks and putting up a preventative barrier that will last up to three weeks.
Prevention is the best way to get rid of ticks however, when this fails and ticks are feeding on your pet, here are the steps to safely remove these parasites.
The Best Way To Get Rid Of Ticks With Tweezers
1. Use pair of tweezers to grasp the tick’s head and patiently, gently and steadily pull it. Be sure not to yank it quickly that may cause splitting of its mouth or head from the rest of the body. Remember that the mouth section of the tick contains the harmful microorganisms, leaving the mouth portion attach to the skin could later lead to infection and disease.
2. Apply effective disinfectant to the bitten area for sanitation purposes.
3. Kill the tick(s) with alcohol then place the dead tick(s) onto a resealable plastic with date label. This measure could save your life, or pet’s life, in case of infection or disease progresses. Identification of the tick species will lead to proper classification and in determining the diseases the tick is carrying and what the proper course of medical treatment should it be necessary.